LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

One More Day!

I am sorry that I don't have any pictures of today.  Really there was not anything to take pictures of.  My day consisted of running errands.

 I sent off the Quilt squares to make Lily's 100 Good Wishes Quilt.  I had to run home after that because I bought a new battery for my camera and for the last three days when I have gone to Target, I have forgotten to bring it back.  The salesperson assured me it would fit my camera and it didn't.  At least it is really easy to take things back there.  I can't believe that I forgot it for the third time, so I had to go back and get it.

I went to Wal-Mart to pick up pictures of the family so that we can show them to Lily and have Rebecca (our guide) tell her who everyone is.  I put together the pictures I have to bring to the Orphanage if we get to go.  If we don't get to go, I will give them to whomever brings Lily. There are two pictures of girls that were adopted as babies and there pictures today.  And then there are two pictures one of a boy and one of a girl that are there with Lily now.  The parents want me to give them a picture of their families.  The boy is 6 and will live only 45 minutes away. They have just received their pre-approval so it will be some time before they are home.  But I am excited that Lily will have someone so close that was a part of her life.

Mike took the girls to Chinese class and I picked them up and then it started raining again  My sister came over and played with the girls while I did a few computer things.  I am in daily communication with Karla at our agency now.   There is always some little thing to do or ask.  I e-mailed my forum group to let them know where we will be posting while in China.

We will be posting most of the travel logs to www.pomafamily.com, since we are pretty sure we can post from China from that site.   You got to the site, click on Lily's picture and then click on travel logs.
 We will probably try to post any videos here.

The list is getting smaller and we are ready.  We know that God has led us to this point in time.  It was not what we expected our lives to be like at our ages, but we are obedient to God's plan for our lives.  And we would not trade the hugs, kisses, the excitement when one of us comes home after only being away one hour, special moments for the things that we would be doing if we did not have small children at this point in our lives.  I know that I keep saying that we are excited and nervous, but those are the two words that describe it best.

Tomorrow will be a day of just finishing up small things like making sure the dishwasher is empty, the refrigerator is cleaned out, the water to the washing machine turned off, the thermostat turned off etc.  I also plan to take a moment when the girls are at school and get a pedicure.


Ready to go in 2006 to pick up Emma


Ready to go in 2007 to get Meilynn.  We took the whole family.  Kami met us in China from Barcelona.




Tomorrow a new picture!  Good Night

8 comments:

Mel said...

Oh how I remember this feeling...after waiting for what seems like ages...knowing that soon...very soon...she will be in your arms! You are leaving at a great time! Last Friday was my youngest daughter's Gotcha Day...this Friday is my oldest daughter's...and Sunday is our Forever Family Day. I am beyond thrilled for all of you and can't wait to follow you while you are in China. Hugs and blessings to ALL of you!

The Ferrill's said...

Praying!!!!!!!!

Ladybugsmom said...

Vicki,
I am so excited to follow your journey not exactly sure how I found you guys but we are about to go to China as well and will have "virtual" twins like Emma and Meilynn...you have made this look pretty simple as I look back...Have a great trip and hoping Lily is prepared for your arriva. Take care.
Emily

Annie said...

Yay!! Can't wait to follow along! Karla and Rebecca are so great!!! We adopted Lizzie in June of 08 through Lifeline and Rebecca was our wonderful guide!! She is so much fun!!! Have a safe trip. You will be in my prayers!!

Kristi said...

so excited for you! I'm praying...

Sue said...

With you all the way, in spirit. I am so very, very happy and excited for you. Will be watching for updates. HUGS!!!!

Sue

Lori @ Five of My Own said...

Congratulations and safe travels. We are not far beind you (March). We will be adopting our second daughter in 15 months and she is 4 months older than her sister. Sound familiar?:) I can't wait to follow along as you meet your newest daughter. All the best, Lori

Joanne said...

I am looking forward to following your journey to your new daughter. Five girls!! Since I am also a June Jitterbug and July Dragonfly I followed your trips to China for Emma and then Meilynn. Wishing you a safe journey and I can't wait to see the family pictures.
Joanne in New York