LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Friday, January 22, 2010

Leaving in 5 days!



The packing has begun! Lily's suitcase

Emma went to pre-school this morning but Meilynn stayed home.  I think she just has a cold and sore throat.  She was in a good mood today and didn't have a fever, but I thought it best she stayed home since her resistance might be low and I don't want her picking up anything else.

We are having really crazy weather for California.  We have had rain all week and this morning there was even snow falling.  It wasn't sticking but it was falling.

Mike had some work to do at home so he watched Meilynn while I went to take Emma to school.  This is the first time she has gone to school without Meilynn.  She started saying she didn't want to go and that she didn't like school. (She loves school)  I knew once she got there she would be fine and she was. Her teacher even brought in snow for her to feel.  It had snowed at her house and it did stick.

I had a few more errands to run.  My watch had stopped so I went to get the battery changed.  I ran in to Wal Mart to get a few things and then I was home to start my packing.  Today my goal was to finish the girls packing.  I had intended to pack all three girls things in one suitcase, but that didn't happen.  I always pack to much!  I put all of their clothes in ziplocks with the socks or tights and hair things that go with the outfit.  I then labeled each bag.  I packed all of their toiletries and then packed their backpacks for the plane.  I decided to bring the rolling ones for the girls since they handle those better than the kind you wear on the back.  For Lily I brought the backpack that we bought for her.  Since I wouldn't be able to fit a rolling one in her suitcase she will have the kind you wear on your back.  I filled them up with things to do on the plane.


Just have to add snacks and these are ready to go!




Emma and Meilynn's suitcase.



If you don't have one of these it is a must if you travel a lot.  I just hook it on my suitcase and lift it up and it tells me the weight.



Lily also got her first piece of mail.  It was a quilt square from my friend Ann.  I am trying to get all of the quilt squares together to send off to get the quilt made, but I don't know if I will have time before we go.  I may try to do it tomorrow.



I also got all the bedding for the bunk beds laid out for my sister in case the beds come while we are gone.  I really want them to be up when we get home, so Lily doesn't have to move.

We got a fed-ex from our agency today with the province paperwork and the consulate paperwork and we were able to decide on the type of room we would need for our family.  We had a great set up at the White Swan on our last trip.  We had a king room with a sitting room in between another room which had two queen beds in it.  We are trying to get a similar arrangement since there will be six of us.

Tomorrow I hope to go shopping to spend my gym bucks since they will expire on Sunday.  Hopefully the rain will have stopped.  Mike is going away for the weekend so I am solo.  I am feeling good about what we have accomplished in a short amount of time.  I hope to pack my things tomorrow, but I need to buy new pants.  Nothing fits and it is good this time.  On my first two adoptions I gained weight as if I was having a baby.  I have been going to Lindora and have lost over 40 pounds so I need some new pants.

Meilynn told my Mom she was afraid to go to China.  My Mom asked her why she was afraid?  Meilynn told her because she was afraid she would drink the water when I gave her a bath and washed her hair.  I guess they do listen to me.  I am trying to prepare them for everything.  They don't really like for people to touch them that they do not know, but I remember in China when we were bringing Emma home and were at the airport.  A woman just came up and kissed Emma on the lips.  I know that wouldn't go over very well at all now.

Time to get a few more things done before bed.  The days are going by fast and soon it will be Lily's Forever in Our Arms Day.  I appreciate all of the prayers and nice thoughts coming my way.


6 comments:

Sue said...

You are so well organized...good job...I have enjoy following your blog for a couple of years. I have 3 girls that are 14 months apart from oldest from younger. Have a wonderful time. Your kids (including the older ones) are so beautiful.

Kristi said...

Wow, you have been busy, and look at all you got done! I'm still continuing to get ready, just in case our TA comes Monday and we get the green light...

The Ferrill's said...

Praying for you Vicki! I am so excited for your family...you are ALMOST THERE!
Oh, and do you give organizational classes? ;)

Annie said...

So happy for you! Things are moving along and you will soon be holding Lily!! Cannot wait to follow your journey!!

Jill said...

And I thought I was organized! I have NOTHING on you! LOL! Holy Cow!
This is all so exciting! I can't wait to see Lily with her forever family!

The Landes Family said...

One of my local adoption friends is also leaving on Friday for China to adopt her Miss Ivy. Her blog is on mine and it is called Eva, Joy and Ivy under local friends. Maybe you two could get together. Have a great trip.

www.tfljourney.blogspot.com