LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Friday, January 01, 2010

Desert Fun



One of our favorite family activities in the winter is to go out to the desert and ride motorcycles, quads, our rhino, sit by the campfire, eat good food, and play in the mud.


Meilynn and Emma playing in the dirt.  We give them a bucket of water and they can spend hours making cookies, cakes, and mudpies.


This winter Daddy thought it was time for them to learn to ride on their own.  Their helmets are bigger than their bodies.  Meilynn loves riding and Emma likes it.


Daddy giving a little safety talk to Emma.


Mommy and the girls.  Here we are at the "Gas Domes" where bubbling mud comes up through the dirt.


This is my younger sister Julie with her oldest son, Frank, me, Emma and Meilynn




This is one of our favorite places to go, the rocks look like rocks from another planet.  You go down this one wash and you find these rocks there.


Emma


The girls thought it was fun that I had braids in my hair like them.  I don't think they had ever seen me in braids.


Family picture


Julies's family picture.



The girls are really enjoying posing.


Mike teaching my nephew how to pick up the bike and get it down the hill.

We had a great time except that this was when the problem with the I800 for Lily's adoption was trying to be resolved, so I was worried about not being able to "fix' it while I was out here.  (See the Post way below entitled, "Mistake on I800 finally fixed".  I am sorry that I threw so many posts out at one time, but one of my New Year's Resolutions was to get caught up on my posting

No comments: