LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Saturday, April 22, 2006

OBSESSION

My family thinks I have an obsession. I looked it up in the Dictionary (yes, I still like doing it the old fashioned way!) This is what it says: Obession-1. The domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire etc. Yes, with that definition, I will say that I am completely, throughly, obsessed with Emma, the adoption, my yahoo support groups and reading everything I can get my hands on about it all. Here is one of the ways I obsess. I have a calendar or chart in almost every room of the house where I am counting down to my referral. I have to mark off each day! And, I love it if I find one that I some how missed that day and I get to mark off two days. Do you think this is sick? My daughter's Kami and Meghan and my husband do. I know I am not alone out there. What is really sad is you see that white paper up there. I started writing the days and counting down in November, because we thought we would be getting our referral in December. I had to staple another page to it!!!!!!!! Now, what I would like to say to my family, especially my daughters is that I DID THE SAME THING WHEN I WAS PREGNANT WITH YOU!!!! I counted down every day of that 9 months. And don't forget those days when I was wondering if I was pregnant or not and counting that each month! I read everything about preganancy, giving birth, raising children, nutrition etc. This is not just an obsession with Emma. It is the way I handle waiting for the most important days of my life. And yes Mike, I even had a count down to our wedding!

No comments: