LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Sunday, April 02, 2006

10 Month Anniversary

Today is our 10 month Anniversary from our LID of June 2, or 10 months 17 days from DTC, or 17 months since we decided to adopt! When we began the wait was 6 months from LID. The wait has been the hardest thing I have done in my life! If I had known when I started this process that it would take a year, I could have handled that better. But to think, month after month, that this will be the month we see Emma's face is a pain I cannot describe. Only the parents going through this process at this exact time can understand. Today in Church I asked for prayer for me to be more patient during this wait. I also am going to try to make this wait time more productive. So today I have planted spring flowers! We had a beautiful day with wonderful sunshine and just the right temperature for planting. Tomorrow we are expecting rain, so that should be just perfect. And when we come home with Emma, I will see those flowers and remember this time and how I was feeling and then I will look in her beautiful dark eyes and know it was worth the pain and wait.

No comments: