LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009



As I look through my pictures I realize that because I was the Hostess I missed taking pictures of so many things.

The day before Thanksgiving my Mom came over to  help me get the Turkey ready as this was only my second Turkey in 29 years of marriage.  We have always gone to my Mom and Dad's house and Mike's Mom and Dad's house for Thanksgiving.  My specialty is pies.  So I needed a little help in preparing.  My Mom came over the whole day and washed dishes behind me as I made 2 pumpkin pies, an apple/peach and a berry pie.  It was a really fun day spending it with my Mom and my girls.  We have so very much to be thankful for, but the most important thing I am thankful for is my family.  I know that it is time to cherish every moment.  Mike lost his Mom over a year and a half ago.  I cannot imagine my life without my Mom.

Here is our 23 pound Turkey.  It was so good!

















Meilynn and Emma get to lick the beaters.  Daddy is the whip cream maker in our house.  He always makes the whip cream and it is the best.  Just like his mommy taught him.





























Meilynn is our little sweet eater.  She loves sweets!



And if it is not Chocolate, Emma will be right there with her.



My family likes to play "Train".  Emma is sitting on Aunt Debbie's lap with big sister Kami and Grandpa.  Can you believe it was 80 degrees?  I still had a fire going.  It is just not Thanksgiving without a fire.



Daddy and Meilynn feeling a little stuffed.



Aunt Debbie and her friend Tom.  See I do have a fire going!



Playing  with the Tinkertoys.



Meghan's husband Nick and Great Aunt Claudia.  We are so thankful that Nick has been healthy since his open heart surgery in May.  



Grandma and Meilynn.


Like I said, I did not get the photos that I would have if I had not been the Hostess.  I would have loved to have a picture of the pies and the table but most of all I should have taken a family picture since we were all here.  I didn't get any pictures of Meghan or my cousin Kim and her husband Damon and their kids.  It was a very special day that I will always remember.  Next year, when Lily is here we will get that family picture.

No comments: