LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Mistake on I800 finally fixed!


Here is one of the new pictures we received last week.  I don't know where this is but I think it is in front of the orphanage.  I have seen it in other referral pictures recently.  Our Lily is growing.

We finally got the mistake taken care of on our I800.  They had put the wrong birthdate on the I800.  When you get to China everything has to match exactly.  So first thing Monday morning, Karla at my agency, Lifeline, started calling the Hague Adoption Unit.  She would get the switchboard and then when they transfered her to our case worker she would only get a voicemail.  She left numerous messages.  I was worried that maybe our officer was off for the Holidays since she was not responding to the e-mails.  We were out at the desert with minimal cell coverage and I felt helpless to do anything.  On Tuesday she still had not gotten through.  She asked the person who answered the phone if someone else could help us, but he said only the caseworker that worked on my case could fix it.  I was feeling so down.  I knew that this would be a setback to our going to Lily.  We got home Tuesday night and I asked my friends on "rumor queen" for help.  They all told me that we needed to insist on help.  Karla at my agency had e-mailed me that she would call on Wednesday and insist that someone help us out.  I e-mailed her and we decided that it couldn't hurt if we both tried calling on Wednesday.  I sent an e-mail first thing and then tried calling, but I could never get through.  Karla was able to talk again to the switchboard but they still insisted that only the officer that processed our I800 could help.  Then an e-mail came through from our officer saying that she had corrected it that morning.  So it is fixed and I feel great relief.  My hope is that it doesn't change anything on our wait, since it has already been cabled to Guangzhou.  I pray that we get article 5 next week and by then the corrected I800 will be there.  There are so many ups and downs to the adoption process.  It is not for the weak of heart.

No comments: