LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Friday, January 11, 2008

Eye Doctor

We went to visit the Pediatric Ophthalmologist this week for both girls. Since we don't know their history and a large percentage of Asians require glasses, and we have heard of many children coming home that needed glasses we decided that we would get their eyes checked. Also, I just want to have everything checked out. We have been of course to the Pediatrician and to the Dentist so the only thing we felt that we needed to do that we hadn't was check their eye health.We did notice that Emma was sometimes watching TV with her head tilted and looking out the side of her eyes. So Mike and I set off with the girls. We talked on the way down about what was going to happen and they seemed OK with the idea. That was until they put the drops in. Both girls screamed for this. We then had to walk around for 20 minutes while their eyes dilated. After 20 minutes we went back only to find out that we would have to do it again. Apparently it is harder to dilate dark eyes, so drops and screams again! After another 2o minutes Emma's were ready but Meilynn had to have a third round of eye drops! The Dr. was great with the girls! This is the first Dr. they have seen that they didn't cry (other than the drops) We found out that Emma's eyes are fine for now but Meilynn is nearsighted. She doesn't need glasses yet but we will go back in a year to see how they have changed. The Dr. suspects that she will need glasses while she is young. I am sure if Meilynn does get glasses that Emma will want them too! They love wearing sunglasses! We have appointments for both girls in January 2009! Wow!

1 comment:

The VanLue House of Happy Chaos said...

HI! I love your blog! I am a Mei Dreamer who has her hands full and doesn't post much. Congrats on your beautiful girls! I too have older bio kids (19 and 23) and then adopted 3 more....with Katie, the last, from Jiangxi, May 2006. I love your ABC book! I hinted that I want one! My husband did one for me called 'They Call Me Mommy" for Christmas...which of course left me in tears. Keep posting...and love those girls!God Bless....Holly