LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Friday, February 04, 2011

Whats Happening?

First of all Mom, look what I put on the sidebar.  The current time in Xian so that you will know what time it is while we are traveling.  I am quite proud of myself for figuring out how to do that, since most things I accomplish on here end up being some kind of accident rather than me really knowing what I am doing!  I also put a time clock on Our journey to Jilliana's website.  You will find it on the China Travel page.

The packing continues.  I am constantly changing my mind about what I am putting in.  In the past I have only had a week to pack so there was no time for this going back and forth about what I am taking.  For example,

 This is Jilliana's suitcase and I cannot decide what doll I want to take the most.
 I love the doll on the left, because she is a "Baby be blessed Doll", she has a very special scripture that we chose just for Jilliana on her tummy.  She is soft and easy to carry around, but the doll on the right is so lifelike and she has a matching dress with Jilliana.
 Then there is the soft cuddly lamb that has soothing noises to put her to sleep (even though we don't know if she will be able to hear them) and then the little Winnie the Pooh, which we chose because she is holding a pooh in a lot of the pictures we got of her and her update said the bear was one of her favorite toys.  There is the sing-a-ma-jig that I could not resist.  I thought she would love seeing the mouth open and shut even if she can not hear it.

So you see I can't decide.  And I know it is silly because most likely she won't even care.  But I just am hoping to find the thing that will give her some comfort.

I am having the same problem with the clothes.  I have been checking the 10 day weather forecasts and there might be snow or rain in Xian and it might be warm in Guangzhou.  I don't want to pack long underwear and things if we are not going to need it, but I don't want to be without it if we do.
 Here are picture books that I am taking for other families that have adopted form Xian or are going too.  I am so happy to help them out.  I really hope that we will get to go to Hope Haven where we believe Jilliana has lived for three years.
Here is a book that I made for Jilliana.  It has pictures that we have of her for her to keep.

And here are the gifts for the officials and Nanny's and other people that are going to help us in China.

On top of this we have been approached with the idea of filming our "Forever in our Arms Moment" for a possible documentary on Special Needs adoption.  We are just in the beginning talks of this.  It may or may not happen.  We do feel that anything we can do to make others aware of adoption is a positive thing for our daughters.
And lastly, our baby Emma may have her first loose tooth.  Here is Daddy trying to get a good look.  She says it is sore and it does look a little loose, but we want to make sure that it is not something else that a Dentist may need to look at.  So we will be watching her closely.  The last thing we need is to travel with a little girl with a tooth that needs something done to it.

Staying healthy is probably my biggest worry.  Everyone except me has had a cold, or cough, or fever, in the last week.  Pray for health for our whole family.  Only 5 more days!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
We were just in Xian last year adopting our 4 yr. old spina bifida daughter. (We met your travel group in Guangzhou.) I would love to be going back! But,
oh my - packing, I feel your pain! The different weather needs was awful! The only time we used long johns was when the guys went to the Terracotta Warriors. (I stayed in hotel with the girls.) They said it was freezing!! Glad they had the extra layers. Mostly it was so dry. Xian does not get snow often. I understand it makes the crazy traffic even more crazy. We got to Guangzhou and the humidity was so contrasting!

Are you with Lifeline again? Do you know who your guide will be in Xian? I will be thinking of your Adoption Day! I have quite emotional memories of that Civil Affairs room.

Are you staying in/near the city wall area? You will have to find a Macky Bakery. The girls will love it.
Best wishes! Happy for you all.

Vicki said...

Yes, we are with Lifeline. Our guide will be Celine. We are staying at the Hyatt Regency.

Sammy said...

I got it! : - ) Which doll is going to be easiest to clean? You know you're going to have to when you get back.

Shelley said...

Thanks so much for taking the photo book for us! I am excited that they will soon see how well Anna Grace is doing. Praying for you all in these last few days. I can't wait to see Jilliana in your arms!

Kate said...

Hi Vicki,

Not sure if you know me or not...I am part of the April '05 Panda group. Anyway...I was aware you were going back to China...and then through Finley's blog this week, I put together that you were going to Xi'an. That is where our Lia is from (well...she is from Baoji...but we spent 9 days in Xi'an).! I am so excited to follow you trip! I am partial to those Shaanxi gals as you might imagine. Your Jilliana is just beautiful...and I know you will all be blessed by making her part of your family.

Best wishes,

Kate