LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Sunday, February 06, 2011

Three More Days! And 99 days of school!

 The time is getting closer, some how it still seems so far away.  Today we went to Church and I realized that the next time we come to our Church it will be with Jilliana.
I made my yuan-USD cheat sheets.  When we go shopping or buy anything it just makes it easier for me, especially when I know my hands will be full and my brain will not be able to figure it out.  Mike has no problem in this area and thinks that it is silly for me to do, but funny thing, I do remember him asking me for the sheet a few times on our other adoption trips!
 It was kind of a low key day.  Mike and I watched Super Cross (which we follow more than football) and then the Super Bowl.  The girls 100th day of school takes place on Thursday, the day after we leave.  The 100th day of school is a big deal in Kindergarten.  They have been working towards this day and have been looking forward to celebrating it.  Since we are going to miss it by one day, I told them we could have a 99th day of school party.  So they each had to count out 99 things to take to school for Wednesday.  Here Meilynn is just beginning to count out 99 candy hearts.
 Emma counting out 99 little notepads
 And Lily counting out 99 boxes of raisins.
 Meilynn with 99 candy hearts!
 Lily with 99 boxes of raisins
And Emma with 99 notepads!

After we put the girls to bed we finished watching the Super Bowl and then we watch a few "Gotcha Day" videos on You Tube.

Wow, did that bring back memories and make it feel closer.  Please pray for our health, and safety, but most of all for Jilliana's little heart to be open to receiving us and for our other little girls to feel the love that we have for them as our family grows together.  God has blessed our family and so many times I wonder why we get be the ones to receive these blessings from God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the best in your travels and an easy transation for
Jillianna.I love the cheat sheet, where did you get, it, im traveling in about 8 weeks for out 14 month old son and would love one
Caroline
hanlyirish@hotmail.com

Shelley said...

One week from right now you will have your girl! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see Jilliana in the arms of her mama and baba.

Shelley said...

One week from right now you will have your girl! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to see Jilliana in the arms of her mama and baba.

Anonymous said...

Vicki,
Wow - your packing and preparing are looking great!! Previous experience helps, but I am sure does not make it easier.
Congratulations on your near Gotcha Day!!
Celine was on maternity leave last year. But I heard from another Lifeline family that she was great.
Happy for your family!
Lynda