LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Strawberry Fields


I just love the beach!  There is no other time that I feel closer to God except maybe at Lake Mead.  It is my outdoor church.  How can you not believe, when you see all that he has created?

I love the vibrant life here.  There is always something to do exciting or different and the air is so fresh.  You are never alone.  People are out doing things.  It makes you want to go out and be active.  Where we go to the beach it does not feel like a big city at all.  In fact we picked these strawberries and could see the Ocean while we picked them.  I know I am lucky!  I know I am blessed.  Just look at these three little miracles.

Today was their first time picking strawberries.  On days like this I want to homeschool them forever!  I want to be the one to see each little step of their learning.   At this point I  plan on homeschooling Lily next year and if we had not already signed the girls up for Kindergarten at their preschool I would be doing that also.  As it is I plan to homeschool them a little in the afternoons and then I will make my decision about the next year when it comes.  Today they learned about strawberries and where they come from first hand.  They got to touch the leaves, see the buds, see the new green berries and see the ones that had been eaten by bugs.  They got to taste a berry that they picked with their own hands.

Looking for just the right ones.
"I will help you"
My berry pickers
Meilynn
Lily....that is the Ocean behind her
Emma

and Emma picked these for me.  She always does the sweetest little things for me.


Speaking of Emma, I have a cute little thing that she did.  We are at our family beach house.  Lily was playing on the stairs, walking on the wood that is on the outside of the carpet.  Here was our little conversation.

Me:  "Lily, please don't walk on that wood, it will scratch it"
Emma (mind you Emma answered and not Lily)  "OK, Mommy"
Me: "Emma, why did you answer?"
Emma: "Because Mommy, sometimes I do that".

You have to love her honesty.  She is my one that does not have a devious bone in her body.  I can always get at the bottom of something by asking her.  She doesn't even know how to tell an untruth.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend!

1 comment:

Jennifer Taylor said...

I hope you guys are having a blast at the beach! I'm sure the girls are loving it! Have a great weekend, talk to you soon!