LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Monday, February 01, 2010

Meeting Lily Video Clip

Well the last 24 hours have been very interesting. The only reason that I am able to spend some time posting this video clip is because everyone, including Lily, have finally crashed. I new it would happen sooner or later and it finally did. Kami and I are left to hold things together while mom and the three girls get some much needed rest. During this time I have been working to put together the video clip of our first meeting with Lily. The file is too large to post in its entirety so I have cut it down to 1 1/2 minutes to allow it to post on the blog. The video is taken at the Civil Affairs Office where we went to meet Lily for the first time and start our Provincial paperwork. As you will see there are many families there doing the same. Our guide Rebecca is the lady who brings Lily over to meet us. She is quiet and very calm, most of that wore off by this morning, but that is best left to another post. Enjoy!!! Mike

11 comments:

Julie said...

Your girls are beautiful. Congratulations on your new addition. I forget where I ran across your blog; but, I saw that you were getting ready to meet her. I am just so excited for your family. We are in the process of adopting our son from China, still working on the dossier, but have a referral. Have a safe trip and enjoy that family of yours!

The Landes Family said...

Poma Family,

She is beautiful and so happy. I love following along. Makes me what to go again.

jodyfoznot said...

Lily is so precious. She reminds me of my own sweet Lily who is also six! God bless your family and have a wonderful trip.

Jody
(LCC member)

Lori Lynn said...

Thanks for the happy tears. I always cry when I see these videos. This is such a big scary day for Lily. Her life is about to change forever. It looks like she is now a part of a wonderful family.

Congratulations! Keep your expectations low and relish the successes.

Kristi said...

She looks so tiny! Oh I'm so happy for you all! And now I can't wait to read the post about "the calmness wearing off."

Anonymous said...

Awesome video, Congrats!!
Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Blessings,
Kathleen
Yang Hai mommy

day by day said...

Hi Guys!

For some reason, I have not been able to leave a comment on the other website...so figured I would come over here.

Congratulations to all of you! I am loving following your journey. Lily is so sweet and the girls are adorable together!!

**to the "baggage guy"**
lol! LOVED reading your posts...too funny! Adoption is not for the faint of heart, so a sense of humor is most helpful. Thanks for your honestly and for sharing the BaBa's point of view. : )

I know that Dave would relate to much of what your wrote. lol! Except he would say that he opted to TapOut at 4! Thanks again for the humor!

Congratulations again to all of you!!

Michelle
(mom to Ella and Sophie)

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Beautiful!!!!! Sending big Panda hugs {{{{{}}}}}}}

Unknown said...

I'm laughing my head off at Director Kami, aka Director Scorcese - 'Dad! Get in there!' Better do what she says.

This video is killing me with the cuteness. Meilynn and Emma just jumped right in there! I looove that picture of the three of them together in their ladybug shirts, although am I seeing correctly? They look like the Supremes on a record cover! LOL. Also, I want an appointment at the girls' hair salon when you guys get back - looks fab!

Jackie said...

Awww, man! Why'd you go and make me get all choked up like that at 12:30 AM back here!

I'm a fellow EACer and we just brought home our daughter in September so the excitement of that first meeting is still fresh. Of course my daughter at 2 1/2 hit me within seconds, lol.

Congratulations to your family!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful moments that you are sharing.

God Bless the Poma family. You are an amazing family.

Congratulations!

Pete and Tonie VanderHulst