LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Letter to Lily

I was able to copy this picture off the video we have.  We have sent a letter to Lily using Anne of Red Thread China.  We also sent her 10 pictures of us.  I had such a hard time trying to figure out how to start such a letter.  I asked for advice from my Yahoo Group Friends and they were all so helpful in giving me examples of their letters.  Here is what we wrote to her and her caretakers.



Dear Director and Nannies,
We are very excited to be adopting Yang Xiao Huan.  We look forward to bringing her home as soon as possible.  We would love to come right now, but as you know it takes time to complete the adoption paperwork.  We hope to be there sometime between March and June.  Of course if things go faster we will be there sooner.  We would appreciate it if you would read the following letter to Yang Xiao Huan and show her the photographs of our family.  Thank you for taking care of her.  We will always be grateful. 
Dear Xiaohuan,
We want to let you know how happy we are to be asking for you to become part of our family.  We live in California in the United States of America.  We have a large family.  You will have a Daddy, Mommy, two older sisters, (one who is married) and two younger sisters (who were also born in China.) 
Your little sisters ask about you every day and cannot wait to meet you..  We will love you, feed you, play with you, and take care of you forever.  We cannot come to get you until we do a lot of signing of papers, both for China and the USA.  We will come as soon as all of this is done.  We hope sometime before next summer.  We have seen your picture and think you are beautiful.  We are sending pictures of our family with this letter.  We hope you are well.  We know that the idea of leaving China may be scary, but we will do everything we can to make you feel comfortable with the change. 
We cannot wait to meet you and hold you.  We think about you every day.  When you look up at the moon at night, know that we are looking at the same moon and thinking of you.
Love Daddy and Mommy
My agency also will let us send packages through the facilitator in China, so I am getting that together to send to her also.  
I also received an e-mail from a family that is leaving this weekend to go to China to pick up their new daughter.  Their first daughter is from Lily's orphanage and they are requesting to visit.  Many orphanage visits have been put on hold due to the swine flu.  But if by some miracle they allow the visit they will try to see Lily and take pictures of her.
I am trying to decide if I should make a new blog for Lily.  The adoption website I used for Emma and Meilynn's adoption are no longer taking anymore new referrals.  So I can continue on this blog, make a new one just for her, or use another service.  I will let you know what I decide.  In the meantime pray for Lily and that she understands the letter and is happy for the news of a family.
Vicki

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your letter is so special. We pray little Lilly will have a special journey to her family who is waiting for her.
We send angels around her to give her protection until she is in our arms. we love you Lilly.
Grandma and Grandpa

Sue said...

Vicki,
Your letter of love to Lily brought tears to my eyes. She will know how much you love her, and she will love you back. She is in my prayers, always.

Hugs,
Sue

Jackie said...

The letter is perfect! We'll be praying it gives this beautiful little comfort as she waits for you, too!

Jackie

Annie said...

That was wonderful!! We used Baby Jelly Beans for Lizzie and it worked while we were in China. It was slow but it worked! You can see Lizzie's site (she is from DG as well) at www.ourlittlelizzie.com. There are also pics and video from the orphanage in the "home at last" folder - I think. Lily is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Vickie,
Your letter was perfect. I had a tough time with my Mia and adjustment. She was only one and clearly attached to her foster mom. She is six now and I can't begin to tell you how much she means to me and the entire family. We have two adult daughters and two from China. If I was in a position to do what you are doing I would jump at it.
I will follow your journey and thank you for letting me do that.
Soraida
mom to Nicole ,Jacqueline,Mia and Jayden

Angela said...

What a beautiful letter.

Praying for your family and little Lily.



Angela