LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Cleaning out the garage and the Jump Zone

We finally got to cleaning our garage out after our remodel.  One of the things that is going is this bunny bed that I absolutely love.  It was a major purchase back in the days when we were a young couple.   I fell in love with it and we bought it for our older daughter.  After raising two daughters we realize that if we went to twins after their cribs that then there would be another purchase down the road for full size.  So we thought that it would be a good idea to skip the twin beds and get the full size beds next.  The best thing about a full size bed will be that I will be able to lay down with them to read their story, do their song, and prayers.   I was holding on to this bed hoping that some day I would use it.  Mike says it has to go.   Speaking of bed time, we pretty much do the same thing every night.  We head upstairs for baths at 7:30 if they have not had naps and about 8:00 if they haven't.  They both go into their rooms and pick out their jammies and panties.  While I run the bath water and pick up the bathroom.  Then they come in get baths, brush teeth, floss ( they love to floss!  I found these colorful ones at Target and I have to limit them to flossing once a day) and go potty.  We then go into one of the girls rooms and I comb out their hair.  They each choose a story or if I am in a hurry,  I choose two stories (this way I get to read what I want once in awhile)  We read them together and then whoever woke up first from nap gets put down first.  The other one can go in their room and read or wait in their bed.  I then pray and ask them if they want to pray.  I learn so much about what was memorable in their day from these prayers.  (Last night Emma asked God to help Daddy to not hurt her feelings)  What happened was at the dinner table she kept standing up on the step of her high chair (we use them at the tables without the trays).  He couldn't get her to listen so he brought his fist down hard on the table.  That got her attention!  He little lip quivered and she said  "Daddy, you are hurting my feelings"  He of course explained that she could have fallen over and hit her head on the tile.  She is our one that I worry will keep us at the emergency room.  She fell down the stairs just yesterday and scared me to death.  About the hurting my feelings.  At the park that morning a little girl kept saying, "Hi" to Emma and Meilynn and they would not say "Hi" back.  So on the way home I was explaining about hurting someones feelings.  I think we need to work on the concept a bit more.  Meilynn always starts her prayers with  "Dear Jesus,  Thank you for me and then she goes through everyone she knows while slipping "me" in several times.  I can tell that a lot of what I have said throughout the day has sunk in listening to their prayers.  Then they choose a song.  Meilynn chooses "Baby Beluga almost every night because she has figured out that this is the longest song I sing.  Then Daddy comes in to kiss them and tuck them in.  Emma still wakes up during the night.  She is just not a good sleeper.  That is our bedtime ritual.   Now how did I get so far off the topic of the garage?
The Bunny Bed I love all of the colors and the worn feeling it has. The last of the things to put away. The girls found these old stools of Kami and Meghan's Writing on envelopes I was throwing away. This kept them busy a long time. We have a new thing in town called the Jump Zone.  It is jump houses and slides inside.  We met up with a friend and had a great day there.  We were waiting for the day Emma got her cast off to check it out. OK, not a very good picture, but they wouldn't stop moving! Meilynn walking down the ladder.  Not a fan of the slides but loves the jump houses.  I have so much more to post so keep checking back, I am trying to get it done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The girls are so cute and it is so nice to see them playing together!

Is there any way that you could incorporate the ends of the darling bed into 'gates' or something for your garden?

Mary McG
in TN

Anonymous said...

Love that bunny bed! Are you sure you have to get rid of it?

Elisa in Cincinnati