LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Monday, March 02, 2009

Budding Artists

First of all I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful, supportive comments.  I would like to believe that the person who commented was really trying to help, but that was not quite the kind of help I needed.  This Sunday at church our pastor said that our fellow Christians are to walk through a struggle with us and I did feel that from so many of you.  I don't know how anyone could call a Febrile Seizure  "just a Febrile Seizure".  It was my first experience with it and as I said I thought that my baby was dead.  There was no movement at all.  So again thank you so much for your support it really helped.
For Christmas the girls got an easel and we have been waiting for just the right day to paint.  Today was the day!  Even though I forgot to buy some big paper, we made do with some smaller drawing paper and then in Daddy's office we found some big graph paper.  I need to add the paper to my list of things to get.  (Need sand for the sandbox too)
Meilynn with the red and blue paint.  She discovered purple! Emma with the yellow and green. Emma's Work
Meilynn's Work
 
I have to say that I was surprised by their painting.  Judging by their personalities I thought that Emma's would have been wild and unorganized, and messy.  I expected Meilynn's to be quite organized, neat and intricate.  As you can see Emma was very organized, intent on making lines and Meilynn went crazy, making a mess and experimenting with color.  This was their first experience with paint other than when we painted rocks and Halloween.  It was a lot of fun and really not hard to clean up. (The reason I have been putting it off)  In fact there was more mess with lunch than with the paint.  Emma spilled tomato soup all over her skirt, the floor, and the cabinets.  She waked through it spreading it throughout the kitchen.  Mommy needed to mop anyways.  I need to make a more conscious effort to do "preschool" activities since they are not attending preschool. 

No comments: