LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Friday, January 21, 2011

Lets talk about Laundry

The other day I was walking by my Laundry Room and saw these clothes hanging, and then I had one of those sentimental moments.  I looked at those clothes and thought about the new set of clothes that I will soon be washing.  Where you see three little matching dresses there will be four.

Sometimes the thought of doing Laundry is not something I like to think about.  I don't mind sorting,  and stain treating, and washing and drying.  I don't even mind folding since it feels like a free ticket to watch TV.  And I have a system so that I know which clothes go into which piles.  Every piece of clothing, socks, and panties is marked with a flower for Lily, a heart for Meilynn and a star for Emma.  This system started when we adopted Meilynn.  Emma and Meilynn were only two and could not read so we marked everything with a heart or star.  We think Jilliana's symbol will be a happy face.  It has to be something easy and quick when you have to mark all of those little socks.

The part of the laundry that I despise is putting the clothes away!  We live in a two story house.  So that does not add to the fun of laundry.  The good news is that now all three girls are old enough to put away their own clothes!!!!!
 Things that do not go in the dryer
My laundry room.

If I wash one to two loads a day I can keep up, but I usually do three to four loads every other day.  The only thing I am not looking forward to is the laundry when we get home from China!  Ugggg!, but I am looking forward to washing those new little clothes.

No comments: