LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Hairbows and Quilt Squares


We got our first quilt squares for Jilliana and they were from readers of my blog!  Thank you so much for being a part of Jilliana's quilt.  The quilts have been so special to my girls and I really appreciate it. These first two are from Joanne and Sasha in New York  Sasha is 5 just like Emma and Meilynn.  Thank you so much for the wishes that will surround Jilliana!

This beautiful print is from Kathy of my Panda Yahoo Group.  This is the group that waited along with me for Emma.  So many of them were a part of Emma's quilt.  Kathy was so thoughtful to want to be a part of Jilliana's also!  Thank you Kathy!

If anyone else would like to be a part,  it would really mean a lot to me and I know Jilliana.  Just e-mail me and I will send you the address.  Don't forget to give me your e-mail so that I can e-mail it to you.




Here is Jilliana's bed.  It is so funny.  Not long ago I almost got rid of this bed.  It was a bed that I had ordered for our first daughter Kami.  I never got rid of it because I loved it so much.  And then one day we were cleaning out our shed and Mike said that it was time to do something with it.  I had many suggestions and one I really liked was one of my readers thought it would look great in a garden.  Little did I know that we would be putting a new daughter in it.  So the bunny bed will be put to use after all.

 Here is the room that Emma and Jilliana will share.

 Those of you who know me know that I am not crafty.  I want to be, but I just don't have the patience to do it right.  So with four little girls the price of bows for their hair is getting quite expensive.  And I thought how hard must it be to make a bow.  I bought some ribbon and tried it.  As you can see the results were not quite what I was looking for.
 Then I googled it on the internet and found a lady who gave some pretty easy step by step directions.  This is one of my first attempts.  The loops are not quite the same size but at least you cannot see any big knots like in the first one.
 Here are the next three attempts.  I like the last one the best of these.  I still had trouble getting the loops the same size in the middle one.  I just get impatient and don't take my time.
I really like this one!  Maybe if I channel some of the frustration about waiting for the LOA in this direction something positive will come of it.  We are on day 35 of the LOA wait.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your bows are beautiful!! However if you want help this is an area I can definitely help you with. I know a trick for bows that is fail proof.
I want to help with the fabric squares too. Maybe you can come get me and I can help you cut some of the fabric squares from the excess fabric from Lily's quilt that we gave you. I want her to have some from us like the other girls have.
I'm getting so excited about Jilliana just seeing her little bed all ready for her gives me goosebumps.
Love,
Friend Julie

Susan said...

Keep it up, the last one turned out great! Looks very professional! Praying for a speedy LOA. Do you have an estimated time of travel?

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

I bet you get your LOA this week! We just received ours. We waited two months but it was dated a month ago...there was some confusion...which is why we had a delay. So they are approving them around day 35ish. :)

Your daughter's room is darling! Your girls are beautiful!

Maybe we will see you in China! :)

Anonymous said...

The room is absolutely precious! So cute and very neat. You did a great job on the bows! Where did you find the instructions?

We are on day 26 waiting for LOA.

Jennifer Taylor said...

Praying for your LOA to arrive! I love the bows you are making, they are so cute!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. great job on the bows. Looks like you have baby girls little bag hooked on the end of the bed, ready for toys and goodies to use in China.
Love
Mom