LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Friday, April 16, 2010

Do I Have A Nipple In My Mouth?

I cannot remember if I have posted this or not, but it is too cute to have missed.  We were in the bathroom where I do all of the three heads of hair that I do each day (four if you count mine), so there is a lot of time for reflection and looking at yourself in the mirror.  I am on one side of the bathroom (we had the girls bathroom remodeled so that there is a sink with a built in stool on each side)



 doing Lily's hair when Emma asked me, "Mommy, do I have a nipple in my mouth?"  I thought I heard wrong so I asked, "What did you say?"  She again says, "Mommy, do I have a nipple in my mouth?  Now she has my attention.  I go over to her and ask, "Why do you ask that?  She points in her mouth to show me the "nipple" in her mouth.  I cannot help cracking up.  I have to hold my laughter in and tell her that, "No she does not have a nipple in her mouth, it is in fact a uvula."
(Please ignore the boogers in the nose)  I think my Emma does have a point?  Don't you?

Random Cuteness

Our life is a Circus!
Emma and Daddy
All three playing dressups

Meilynn finds a ladybug (Don't you just love the glasses?)
You do know what the Ladybug means don't you?



We make up our own swim class!
Lily (with her sister touching he)
Lily and Emma
Meilynn

Meilynn with the "Pig Pig"

O.K., I love the idea of the kids bringing home these cute animals from their classrooms with their journals, but in the last 8 weeks Emma has brought home, Pig, Pig, then Meilynn brought home, The Cat In The Hat, and then Lily brought home, Clifford, The Big Red Dog and now, today Meilynn has the Pig.  So I guess we will see The Cat In The Hat soon too.  These animals have to go everywhere with us and be photographed doing all kinds of things!  But as you all know, these days are so short and will pass before you know it, unless you are like me and decide to do everything all over again:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki,

I have read your blog for awhile now, and I must tell you I find you so inspriational! Do you think you'll adopt again, or are you done?

Best wishes and blessings :-)

Vicki said...

I have learned to never say never. I thought we were done when we adopted Meilynn, but my husband actually (which is hard to believe) came to me with the idea of adopting an older child. I would love to adopt again. I only have a few more years left of being eligible. We will just have to wait and see what God's plan for us is. I posted once about a quote I heard, "Never place a period where God has placed a comma." At least I think that is what it was.

Melanie & David said...

Well I heard it in China "you can look but not touch, :-)" BUT seeing a ladybug might just change everything...
Glad you are all doing so well.
Melanie, David, Indigo and Isaac

Kristi said...

Oh the things kids say...
And yes, she does have a point.
Ladybug huh? Yeah, us too. Right now we're just trying to figure out how long the space between the commas is...

Anonymous said...

LOL Emma cracks me up...a nipple Ha Ha HaHa! Hey guess what Vicki...I bet the nipple in my mouth is bigger than the nipple in your mouth :-)
So funny
Love,
Friend Julie

micheldecristo said...

good Day
My name is Jean Michel, I am Brazilian and I love this blog about adopting children from China. I was there last month and I confess that my trip was great. I wonder how you managed to enter the adoption process that China is a difficult country to grant adoption to foreigners.

micheldecristo said...

Interestingly, when I was there almost the same thing happened in the case of Emma as the question on the nipple in the mouth: I made friends with a couple of Chinese who are hairdressers and they had a 4 year old daughter that when she road, running next to me. One day I was sitting there waiting to get my hair cut and she was standing in the mirror and grimace with the tongue. Then she comes near me and ask me something. I do not understand any Chinese did not understand what she said. I kept waiting for my turn to cut her hair so she slaps my leg to get my attention. I nodded without understanding what she said. Then she slaps me stronger and opens his mouth and sticking out your tongue pointing inside with your finger. Then I understood that she was trying to ask what it was. I got the manual of Chinese and showed her what it was. (Detail: I laugh at all this)