LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"IS IT DEAD?"


Yesterday Mike was helping me make a slow cooker chicken.  I had him take it out and wash it for me and put the spices on it.  Jilliana was watching him do it.  I don't think that she had ever seen us cooking a whole chicken.  She was so cute sitting up on the counter watching her daddy.  The first thing she asked him was "Is it dead?"  I was cracking up listening to her questions.



Then she wanted to know where we got it?  Usually we buy chicken breasts, so this was a new experience for her.  I think she thought we just saw a chicken and grabbed it.  She was full of questions.  She wanted to know where the head was?  Now in China, Meilynn loved eating chicken feet.  We were told that the parts of the chicken that we don't usually eat or the desired pieces.  When we talked to our guide about the breast meat considered the best and healthiest to us, she told us that the dark meet is the meat with the most flavor.

It is Day 22 and we are doing great!  I think the girls taste buds are getting used to not having sugar.  Today I took plain yogurt and added a banana, vanilla, and a little maple syrup and put it into the silicone tubes that I bought.  I made "home-made gogurts for the girls lunches tomorrow.
Jilliana and Meilynn were nearby, so I asked them if they wanted to lick the bowl.  You would have thought that I had offered them ice cream.
Yummy!!

No comments: