LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Monday, September 01, 2008

Tick, Tick, Tick (A cute little story)

We bought Emma a scooter for her birthday.  I couldn't decide between the cute Disney Princess one that came with a basket or this Radio Flyer one that has two wheels in the front to make it more stable so I sent Daddy to decide.  He of course opted for the one that seemed safest and also came home with a cute little helmet.  If I had been the one shopping there is no way that I would have come home with just one, but he did.  So of course there has been a lot of moments where Meilynn wants to ride Emma's scooter.  And I must say that she has done a good job sharing with Meilynn.  (I still want to try to find a way to sneak a scooter in there for Meilynn)  And I don't think she can wait for Christmas.  Anyways, I was in the motor home and the girls were outside playing when I kept hearing this "Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick"  I kept doing what I was doing not really thinking about it.  After awhile I could still hear Meilynn saying, "Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick,"  so I leaned out the door and said, "What are you doing Meilynn?"  She said,  "I am a timer."  I said, "What?"  She said,  " I am waiting for my turn to ride the scooter and I am the timer."  I said, "OK", so I went back inside to see how it would turn out.  Then I heard a, "Ring, Ring" And then Emma got off the scooter and Meilynn got on.  Then I heard the ticking sound again.  Sometimes it is so much fun to just sit back and listen to their play.
  Living in the motor  home for 5 weeks has given me a lot of time to hear their sweet little conversations.  We only have 10 more days left in the motor home and then we will move to the beach house until November.  I look forward to not being in such a cramped space.  The girls have not been napping here very well.  It is hard to separate them in such a small space so only one of them seems to get a good nap.  I will also be looking forward to my bath.  for those of you who know me that is a crucial part of my day.  It is my time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How sweet of them to pretend to be a clock and keeping time until its their turn on the scooter. How precious! I just love reading your blog and the updates on the girls!

Dawn