LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Pre-school at the beach

A lot of Emma and Meilynn's friends have started pre-school this year.  There are many reasons that they are not at pre-school right now.  One is that I was just not ready.  I know, usually going to pre-school is based on whether your child is potty trained and can work in the environment that the school sets.  After raising two daughters to adulthood already I know how fast this time goes.  I don't want to miss it at all!  I already missed out on eight months of Emma's life and two years and two months of Meilynn's.  I missed so many firsts, I don't want to miss any more.  My second reason is that Meilynn has only been home one year.  My third reason is that I taught pre-kindergarten for 5 years and am a credentialed elementary teacher so I should be able to teach them everything they need, right?  They get enough socialization in their many activities.  Fourth,  I am temporarily living here at the beach for probably three months.  
So with that being said I am embarking on the idea of doing a little bit of homeschool pre-school.  Just trying it out a little at a time.  There are so many teaching moments in the day that I can't get through a quarter of my ideas.
One of our many walks down to the beach.  I can never seem to get a good picture of both of the girls.  Meilynn is the one with the sun in her eyes. I love when they walk together like this Come on Mommy! Meilynn loves walking on the beach Practicing our letters "Mommy, look at this" Emma inventing the quill pen It wasn't even my idea.  She just took the feather and started writing with it.  I love how I get to see them rediscover things that were invented so long ago.  (I really like how her little toe is gripping on to her shoe) I don't know why I buy them clothes or even attempt to dress them.  Someone, usually Emma, has removed most of their clothing. The first time Emma wrote her name!   (And I was there!) Beach sisters P.E. class

No comments: