LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Monday, April 07, 2008

Our Grandma Poma went to be with Jesus

On April 4, 2008 our Grandma Poma went to be with Jesus. This is a picture of her surrounded by her Grandchldren, children, and Husband at Chritmas 2007. She is in the front row in the red shirt with black sweater. She was loved by everyone who knew her. She had been sick for a while. She had, had surgery to fix an anyurism before and had several more. She went into the hospital on Sunday March 30 to find that she had an anyurism that was bleeding. It was this anyurism that led to her death. We were able to share many wonderful moments with her in her last days. She will be missed so much by all of us. I am so glad that she got the chance to meet Emma and Meilynn. Kami and Meghan had many wonderful years with her and I am so happy that they will be able to share these memories with their little sisters. I met her when I was 16 and started dating her son. I knew her 34 years. She always treated me with love, respect, and kindness. I was her only daughter-in-law. She will be missed so much but we know that she has found her home with Jesus.
She is Gone You can shed tears that she is gone or you can smile because she has lived. You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back or you can open your eyes and see all she's left. Your heart can be empty because you can't see her or you can be full of the love you shared. You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday. You can remember her and only that she's gone or you can cherish her memory and let it live on. You can cry and close your mind, be empty and turn your back or you can do what she'd want: smile, open your eyes, love and go on. Anon This is a picture of Grandma Poma the day she met Emma Sophia Mingjing. Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"John 11:25-26

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Vicki-
Prayers for you and your family. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your grandmother. I know it must it hurt. I am so glad that she got to know Emma and Meilyn- I am thankful everyday that my grandmother is able to see the girls and that I will have stories to tell them.
Keeping you in our prayers.
Tamara

Anonymous said...

dear vicki,

i'm so very sorry for your loss. may you find comfort in all your beautiful memories. she sounds like she was a wonderful person.

love and hugs,
sharon from arizona

Sue said...

Vicki,
I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your whole family are in our thoughts and prayers. Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful woman. She will be watching over your little ones from heaven now.

Hugs,
Sue Bachman

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Vicki, I am so very sorry for the loss of your grandmother. How wonderful that she got to meet all of your daughters. I'm glad you have the assurance that she is with her Savior. I will remember you in my prayers.

~Lynn

Anonymous said...

Vickie,
I am very sorry for the loss of your mother in law. Our thoughts are with your family.
Soraida

agirlandhergun said...

What a beautiful picture and what beautiful memories you shared. Praying for all of you! Shelby

Anonymous said...

vicki
i loved the family picture we will all miss her. I loved the poem about her. You are all in our prayers during this time
Love
MOM

Unknown said...

Dear Vicki and Mike,
We are very sorry for the lost of Carmen, we always remember her.
We hope to see you in Italy for the Salvatore's wedding.
My son Benedetto is going to the University of California Irvine in August.
Regards
Giusy, Andrea and Benedetto Tagliavia
(benedetto.tagliavia@gmail.com)