LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Sunday, February 24, 2008

A Taco Tantrum

I made tacos just a little while back. Both the girls are great eaters and love just about any kind of food. Well Meilynn had just a tiny problem with her taco. When she bit into it, it fell apart. Meilynn likes her food just a certain way and usually is very orderly in the way she eats it. She likes her hands clean and uses her napkin often. So when the taco broke you can imagine how upsetting this was to her. She kept saying over and over "Mommy fix it" " Mommy fix it" The whine was getting louder and louder. Oh, I forgot to mention that she is a sloooow eater and so this was the last taco. So, Mommy couldn't fix it. She thought that I just wouldn't fix it. No matter how I tried to get her to understand it I think that she just felt that I wouldn't do it. The whine then turned into a cry. At that point I removed her from the table which made her very, very mad. As you can see she just didn't understand why I wouldn't fix it. It feels good that your children at this age hold you in such a high esteem that they believe you can do anything, but at times like this, I wish they knew that Mommies cannot fix everything!

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Nice that at this age that they still think we can fix everything. If only they were right.

Her little face is so sad- our tacos never stay together either!

Kerry
(Mama to Grace and Maddie)