LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Getting Ready for Emma's and Meilynn's birthday!

I bought this dress for Emma's second birthday a long time agoIt has numbers you can change on it either one or two and also a heart.Meilynn's birthday dressOf course I know now that I need two of everything!For the Princess Party A moment of coopreration even though this is a pool table toy they are not supposed to be playing with No more fighting over the bike Meilynn now has her own bike! Meilynn is good at taking the green beans out of her rice
And of course they end up on the floor! After a great deal of thought we decided to celebrate both Meilynn and Emma's birthdays together. I was very hesitant to do this. The girls have different birthdays and they are not twins but even if they were twins I would try to have some birthdays separate. I do want them to have their own identities separate from each other. Since we were not there for Meilynn's second birthday and since it would be hard for her to understand all the attention on Emma, we decided it would be best to do the birthdays together. And since Emma isn't old enough this year to understand that it is only her birthday and when we talk about her birthday she says"Meilynn" we decided to go ahead with the two birthdays. The problem then arose that I had purchased Emma's dress long before we even knew when Meilynn might come home, so I only had one. I love her dress. You can change out the birthday numbers or put a heart on if you don't want the numbers. I couldn't get another one in time for the birthday party tomorrow so yesterday my sister and I went in search of another dress. We found this cute pink and black dress made by the same maker as Emma's dress. And when I went to buy one I knew that I needed two. So now we have two but Emma will still wear her birthday dress that I had already bought. And then they can wear these pink ones together for church etc. We are having a time trying to catch Meilynn up on all the main toys that Emma has. My sister and her boyfriend Tom (who Emma calls Nam) bought Meilynn a bike for her birthday. We gave it to her yesterday so that she could ride with Emma. So no more fighting over the bike. And it doesn't seem to be a problem if they are not exactly the same as long as we define who owns what. Life is very black and white at two and if you know what is what you can live with it I guess. I also got a cute picture of them actually playing together in cooperation. Of course it was with a thing they were not supposed to even have. But, hey, if they are getting along I guess that rule went out the window. And last I have a picture of the bottom of Meilynn's high chair. She is very precise in picking out the green beans out of the rice even though I cut them very small. So as far as vegetables go vitamins will have to do. Oh, they do like the V8 juice that is one serving fruit and one serving vegetables. I also bought a cook book called, "The Sneaky Chef" Simple strategies for hiding healthy foods in kid's favorite meals. I will let you know how that goes. I am anxious to try the Spaghetti and meatballs with 8 hidden vegetables.
I had a few comments on not dressing the girls alike the other day. They were wearing the exact same outfits only different colors. Since we were going to the motorcycle track they were wearing old clothes (pre-meilynn clothes) so I don't have doubles on all of those things. The girls did well with it because I let Emma choose which one she wanted to wear. When Meilynn begins to understand this may not work because she may want the same outfit. So for now if I let Emma choose the color of the cup, clothes, etc they can be different. I only plan on dressing them alike for one or two years depending on how it goes. But it is much easier on me to dress them alike. Speaking of dressing them alike, I did have one funny comment the other day where someone asked me " How will you ever tell them apart?" And they were serious!

1 comment:

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Beautiful dresses! I think your decision about the party is a good one. I can't wait to see pictures! Are you a member of the like-twins yahoo group?