LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA

LINK TO OUR JOURNEY TO JILLIANA
CLICK ON JILLIANA'S PHOTO TO FOLLOW OUR JOURNEY TO CHINA

Monday, June 11, 2007

Where is Meilynn?

I often get asked where is Meilynn's province in relation to Emma's? Well they are actually very close. At least on the map. I don't know the miles. I am sure that is something I will want to research someday. But for right now I have this map below. I would make it bigger if I could figure out how to, but I think if you click on it, it might make it bigger. Emma is from the Province of Chongqing. It looks on this map to be in the center. It is in brown and there is a red dot where Chongqing is. Her orphange and foster care was in Qianjiang, which is about 8 hours from Chongqing. She met us at the civil affairs office in Chongqing. Meilynn is from Hengshan, Hunan. Hunan is in the sky blue bordering Chongqing and Hubei. I still do not know where Qianjiang is in relation to Chongqing and where Hengshan is in relation to Hunan. What I do know is that girl's from both of these provinces are considered to be "Spicy Girls". They are known for their spicy temperments! Boy are we in for it!
I found these better maps that actually show Qianjiang, in Chongqing and Hengshan in Hunan. On this southeast map they don't look far away at all. Click on the maps to make them bigger. Oops I guess they cannot be made bigger here. But if your are really interested you can see them at this site and click on them there to make them bigger.Detailed Map of China - high resolution

No comments: